* 11 pounds pork ribs (rinsed and pat dried)
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1 cup Liquid Gold
* 3 cm piece of ginger (piece sliced, unpeeled)
* 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 red chili peppers (de-seeded, deveined and chopped)
* water (to cover ribs)
1. Place the ribs in a large pot and add the rest of the ingredients and enough water to cover.
2. Bring to the boil and cook for 30-40 minutes until cooked and the marinade has significantly reduced.
3. Preheat the oven to 380 F or grill.
4. Remove the ribs from the pan and place on a wooden board and cut into riblets.
5. Place in a baking tray and baste with the thickened marinade. Grill in the oven for 5 minutes, on the top rack, keeping a close watch over it, turning them if necessary. As the marinade has sugar in it, watch them in the oven as they can burn quickly – you can open the oven door slightly to stop from burning.
6. Remove to a platter and scatter with red chili flakes and sliced spring onions